Ever wondered what to do with the leftover risotto when you’ve cooked a large amount of it? Well, this is a great way to transform leftovers in a tasty Italian dish. Let’s make Arancini di Riso!
Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups Risotto
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
2 ounces mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
– Pour enough oil in a heavy large saucepan to reach the depth of 3 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat.
– Stir the eggs, risotto, Parmesan, and 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs in a large bowl to combine. Place the remaining breadcrumbs in a medium bowl.
– Using about 2 tablespoons of the risotto mixture for each, form the risotto mixture into 1 3/4-inch-diameter balls. Insert 1 cube of mozzarella into the center of each ball. Roll the balls in the bread crumbs to coat.
– Working in batches, add the rice balls to the hot ail and cook until brown and heated through, turning them as necessary, about 4 minutes.
– Using a slotted spoon, transfer the rice balls to paper towels to drain. Season with salt. Let rest 2 minutes. Serve hot with some sort of sauce like tomato sauce.